Pro-Kompetenz, the Institute for Project Support and Competencies Development, was founded in 2003 and is a registered association recognised as a “Friendly Society”.
Main objectives are:
- To design education for the promotion of human potentials in a holistic and sustainable way.
- To support education by expertise from many years of practice and applied research.
For HELP the institute brings in expertise in the following fields:
- The institute will be responsible for Project management and quality assurance by formative evaluation. Pro-kompetenz staff has coordinated or been involved in about 40 EU projects and has also done QM in European and national projects).
- Didactics: Development of concepts for learner centred and cooperative learning. Strategies for motivating learning settings for foreign language learning.
- Communication: Second language learning and intercultural education. Experiences from the development of learning materials and communication scenarios. Input from the EU project “The European Intercultural workplace” where the institute was a partner. Pro-kompetenz also is author of the learning module “Foreign language and intercultural competence” http://goo.gl/mL0hGu for the innovation platform InnoSupport (project of excellence under LdV).
- Consultation on the implementation of innovative educational concepts and learning programmes, with focus on learning with mobile applications.